As the US Open approaches it only makes sense to shine a spotlight on the WTA No.1 Seed, Karolina Pliskova. Although she has not won any Grand Slams she did make it to the 2016 US Open Final. So, can she make it to the finals again this year, maybe even win? Lets look into some more player facts about her.
- Has won 9 career titles:
- 2017: Brisbane, Doha, Eastbourne
- 2016: Nottingham, Cincinnati
- 2015: Prague
- 2014: Seoul, Linz
- 2013: Kuala Lumpar
- Plays for the Czech Republic
- Year to Date she has 37 wins and 10 losses – 79% win percentage
- In her career she has 410 wins and 241 losses – 63% win percentage
- As a Junior she won the 2010 Australian Open
Overall Pliskova seems to have a lot of potential. Her loss at the 2016 US Open against Kerber was close at 3-6,6-4, 4-6. Arguably as No. 1 seed and a YTD 79% win percentage Pliskova may earn her first Grand Slam within the next few weeks.
What do you think of Pliskova? Does she have what it takes to win the US Open?
Wta. “Karolina Pliskova’s Road to World No.1.” YouTube. YouTube, 11 July 2017. Web. 08 Aug. 2017.